Global Standard: Food Safety (Issue 9) – Lead Auditor Training
This course enables participants with an in-depth understanding of the Standard in terms of the protocol, requirements and how to audit effectively. Participants will gain competency to assess compliance to the requirements of the Standard, including fundamental clauses, statements of intent, how to undertake a BRCGS audit, planning of the audit and reporting of the audit. Auditing fundamentals and techniques will be discussed including the auditor competency skills required of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) scheme auditors.
Active learning will be used throughout the course utilising case study-based activities to encourage critical thinking and help explain how auditors with audit against the Standard. Participants must have a working knowledge of quality management systems and auditing within the relevant manufacturing sector, and have completed a hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) course of at least two days' duration.
In preparation for the course, participants must read and review a copy of the Standard including the glossary, which is available as a free download from the BRCGS Store, in addition to the pre-course materials provided.
At the end of the course you will be assessed with an exam. Successful completion of this course, including the exam, forms part of the training necessary to become a BRCGS auditor. The steps necessary to complete your training must be arranged with a BRCGS-approved certification body.
• Explain the steps to managing an audit programme
• Describe auditing fundamentals and techniques
• Assess compliance to the requirements of the Standard and explain how compliance can be demonstrated to maintain food safety, quality, legality, and authenticity
• Describe the scope of companies and products covered by the Standard
• Describe steps to conduct a BRCGS audit including the preparation, planning, and reporting of the audit
• Utilise and explain resource tools available for compliance and beneficial support from BRCGS
Technical Managers and personnel
Quality Managers and personnel
Importers and exporters of food products
Internal audit personnel
Current BRCGS Auditors
Those interested in becoming a BRCGS Auditor
ผู้สอน อาจารย์ ศรีประไพ ปาจรียานนท์